At The Watergate Hotel we endeavor to provide our guests outstanding services and experiences. We value your business and your faith in us in delivering you a superior level of service.
We request that you read this policy document carefully before sharing any personal information with us. By visiting our website you agree to the practices described in this policy..
Our Website does not collect, save or store any personal information from visitors that simply browse the Web site, unless you voluntarily and intentionally provide it to us. We do not collect personal information without your knowledge or consent. When we request personal information on our Website we do so in order to perform a particular service, such as processing your reservation, enrolling you in our loyalty program, etc. You must provide contact information (such as name, mailing address, telephone number and email address) as well as financial information (such as credit card number and expiration date, etc.) in order for us to process your reservation. This information is used for billing purposes and to reserve a room. If there is a problem with a reservation, the information provided will also allow us to contact you.
Types of Personal information we collect:
- Your name, gender, home and/or work contact details, business title, date and place of birth
- Guest stay information, including the hotels where you have stayed, date of arrival and departure, goods and services purchased, special requests made, service preferences, telephone numbers dialed and faxes and telephone messages received
- Your credit card details, online user account details, profile and password details, and any frequent flyer or travel partner program affiliation.
- Any information necessary to fulfill special requests or associate with your stay (e.g. health conditions that require specific accommodation, purchase of goods and services)
- Information you provide regarding your marketing preferences or in the course of participating in surveys, contests or promotional offers
- Identification information provided (e.g. passport or state id number).
- Information contained in any communication you send to us before, during or after your stay.
How we use Information:
Information we collect may be used in the following manner:
- We analyze Website visitor information in aggregate, which means that we collect information about Website visits and analyze it as a whole. Examples include researching which parts of the site are accessed most frequently or determining which products are most attractive to our users.
- To help us improve our service to conduct market research, customer satisfaction, and quality assurance surveys and to direct marketing and sales promotions.
- Register you as a website member
- Complete reservations and transactions, e.g. to fulfill your request to plan and purchase hotel accommodations or other travel services
- Respond to your request for information about reservations, accommodations, weddings, meetings or events
- Reserve dining or lounge services
- Enter you in our promotions or sweepstakes
- Send marketing communications or surveys to you
- Improve the quality of your next visit or stay. We use third parties to build and manage these communications and preference systems, and our arrangements with these third parties prohibit them from disclosing your personal information.
- We combine information received through one means (e.g our Website) with information obtained through another (e.g. at our hotel).
Sharing of Personal Information:
We reveal personal information about you to unaffiliated third parties if:
- you request or authorize it
- the information is provided to help complete a transaction for you
- the disclosure is done as part of an actual or contemplated purchase, transfer or sale of services or assets (e.g. in the event that substantially all of our assets are acquired by another party, customer information may be one of the transferred assets)
- the information is provided to our agents, outside vendors or service providers to perform functions on our behalf (e.g. analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing customer service, processing orders, etc.)
We may also share website usage information about visitors to our website with third parties, such as advertisers on our website, for the purpose of managing and targeting advertisements and for market research analysis on our website and other sites. This is sometimes referred to as online behavioral advertising, and is intended to provide you with advertisements of interest to you. For these purposes, we and our third-party advertising companies may place pixel tags (also called clear gifs) on some of the pages you visit on our website. We will then use the non-personally identifiable information that is collected using these pixel tags to serve you relevant advertisements when you are visiting other sites on the internet. These advertisements may be targeted to specific searches you conducted on our website during earlier browsing sessions.
Third party Internet sites available through advertising and other links on our site have separate privacy and data collection practices. If you click on a link found on our website or any other website, you should always look at the location bar within your browser to determine whether you have been linked to a different website.
This Policy, and our responsibility, is limited to our own information collection practices. We are not responsible for, and cannot always ensure, the information collection practices or privacy policies of other websites maintained by third parties or our service providers where you submit your personal information directly to such websites. Please read the privacy and security policies of any external sites before providing any personal information while accessing those sites.
We have implemented a security program which is designed to keep information that is stored in our systems protected from unauthorized access or use. We use reasonable technological, physical and other security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access. For example, the website servers and systems are configured with data encryption or scrambling technologies and industry standard firewalls, and when you enter personal information during the reservation process, your data is protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL). Although we take reasonable steps to safeguard and prevent unauthorized access to your personal information, no methods can be entirely secure. We cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access, and we make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent such access and disclaim any such obligation.
We may use third party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness.
We understand that you may like to know what personal information we hold about you. We are happy to assist you with your request. To protect your Personal Information, however, we require that you prove your identity to us at the time your request is made. You may make a request at our hotel or by emailing us at the contact address below. If you would like us to correct any information, please email us at the contact address below.
Children’S Privacy & Parental Consent:
Our Website is not intended for children under the age of 18.
Your Consent to This Privacy Plan:
If you have questions about our policies, please contact: email@example.com
Effective Date: August 1, 2015